- Southland will service your product as described and for the charges shown on our work orders plus any applicable tax. When the service is covered by a manufacturer’s warranty, extended service contract or consumer warranty law, those terms or applicable law will apply. Residents of Quebec are governed by that province’s consumer protection legislation.
- If service is needed due to failure of parts that are not original to the product or due to damage caused by abuse, misuse or any external cause, Southland reserves the right to return the product to you without servicing it, and may hold you responsible for any indicated diagnostic fee.
- If service requires labour and/or parts not specified on the workorder, Southland may seek your approval of a revised estimate. If you do not agree that Southland may revise the charges, Southland may return your product and hold you responsible for any indicated diagnostic fee.
- Southland may use parts or products that are new or equivalent to new in reliability and performance. Southland will retain the replaced part or product that is exchanged as its property, and the replacement part will become your property. Replaced parts are generally repairable and are exchanged or repaired by Southland for value. If applicable law requires Southland to return a replaced part to you, you agree to pay Southland the additional cost of the replacement item.
- Southland warrants for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of service (1) that service will be performed in a competent and workmanlike manner and (2) that all parts used to service your product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, unless otherwise specified by Southland. This warranty only applies to work performed and part(s) replaced with the consumer’s original complaint. The foregoing warranty is an express limited warranty and in the event of breach, Southland will either (i) re-perform the service, (ii) repair or replace the part, or (iii) provide partial refund the cost of the service provided. In order to claim under the warranty you must return your product to the location where service was performed, at your expense.THIS WARRANTY AND ASSOCIATED REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERWARRANTIES, REMEDIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. SOUTHLAND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF SOUTHLAND CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY (OR CONDITION) MAY LAST, SO THE LIMITATION DESCRIBED ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- (The following not applicable to customers in Quebec) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SOUTHLAND AND ITS AFFILIATES, WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SERVICES PROVIDED OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, OR CORRUPTION OF DATA AND PROPERTY; OR ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR RESTORING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED OR USED WITH YOUR PRODUCT AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON YOUR PRODUCT. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS. SOUTHLAND SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO: (i) REPAIR OR REPLACE YOUR PRODUCT WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA; AND (ii) MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA. IF ANY PRODUCT SHOULD BE DAMAGED OR LOST WHILE IN SOUTHLAND’S CUSTODY, SOUTHLAND’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE AFFECTED PRODUCT. OTHERWISE, SOUTHLAND’S LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGE SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PAYMENTS RECEIVED BY SOUTHLAND FOR SERVICES PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR ANY BREACH BY SOUTHLAND UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- If you have not claimed your product and paid all charges due within sixty (60) days after being notified by Southland that your product has been serviced, Southland will consider your product abandoned and may dispose of your product in accordance with applicable law.
- These T&Cs are governed by the laws of the jurisdiction where you receive the repair service. If any provision of these T&Cs is held to be illegal or unenforceable, that provision will no longer be part of the T&Cs, and the T&Cs will be enforceable as though that provision never was a part of them.
- (The following not applicable to customers in Quebec) These T&Cs are the only ones that govern Southland’s service of your product.
- In order for Southland to service and test products with consumable items such as inks, lamps, and other items. You will be responsible to provide these required items to perform the service and test(s). In the event that the consumable items cannot be provided by you, Southland will obtain these items and you may be subject to a charge for the costs of the consumable items. You will not be reimbursed for the usage of the consumable items from Southland as these items are required for service and testing.
- Southland may require you to provide a deposit for parts ordering, and if you refuse repairs thereon and/or cancels repairs. You will be charged a re-stocking fee of 20% on the value of the part. Special order parts are non-refundable and you will be charge for the entire cost of the part.
- Electrical components and/or installed parts cannot be returned and cannot be refunded.
- Service call(s) are non-refundable and only carry a 7 day warranty.
- Labor fees are non-refundable.
- Southland must be given at least 24 (twenty-four) hours notice from the beginning of the appointment if you want to cancel your appointment. This applies to new service calls, and any follow up appointments. If your appointment is between 12pm-2pm, we must be notified before 9am that same day. If you are calling after hours, please DO NOT leave a voicemail. A service call can be cancelled only with a live agent.
- If we are able to schedule an appointment for you within 3 (three) hours from the time you called, you will have 30 (thirty) minutes from the time you booked your appointment if you wish to cancel.
- Failure to comply with our cancellation policy will result in an $95 (eighty-five dollars) service call fee to be charged.
In case a problem does not appear when the technician is diagnosing the appliance:
- You will be eligible for a service package which includes a 30-day warranty on operational parts only. This excludes clogging issues, or any problems caused due to negligence or misuse of the appliance. The warranty also excludes any cosmetic parts.
- The warranty will cover labour and service call, under the condition that the technician can verify the problem during their return visit.
- If you decline the service package, you waive your eligibility for a free check-up in the future, even if the problem recurs. A note will be placed in the technician’s report indicating that the service package was declined.
- If you purchase a service package and if the problem is recurring, the technician will provide one free appliance diagnostic. If the problem is undetected at that time you may be held responsible for any service call and diagnostic charges in the future. No refunds will be given on our service package.
- If the same or different issue occurs after repairs and falls under Southland’s 90 day warranty policy we will be collecting a service call charge ahead of time. In the event the technician on site deems the callback to be valid your service call charge will be refunded.
- Partial refunds may be offered at the discretion of the service department. Please email all inquiries for refunds to [email protected]
- Service call fees are not refundable
- Labour fees are not refundable
- Consumable items are not refundable
- Installed electronic, and sealed system parts are non-refundable