Company: Southland Technical Services Ltd
Location: Calgary, AB
In-Shop Services: Unit #2, 5708 First Street SE Calgary, Alberta T2H 2W9.
In-Home Services: Able to commute throughout Calgary, Alberta, including but not limited to: Okotoks, High River, Airdrie, Chestermere and surrounding areas at least 50km out of the city.
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Company Background: Calgary, AB based company, Southland Technical Services LTD is family owned and operated. Formerly Southland Crossing TV LTD founded in 1988 has become one of Calgary’s largest service provider in electronics and appliance repair. We are aggressively expanding our services to provide in-home appliance service by factory trained technicians to Calgarians and area.
The Role: Reporting to the In-Home Repair (IHR) Services Manager and working together with the IHR Team Lead, the mobile Technician will travel to customers’ homes to diagnose and repair their appliances in a timely and cost effective manner while providing excellent customer service. The repairs will be performed on customer units encompassing a variety of product brands. The work will be performed under manufacturer’s warranty, extended warranty or can be customer paid repairs.
• Conduct voltage, resistance and other tests using electrical test equipment
• Refer to schematic drawings or product manuals to repair parts
• Diagnose faults, using testing devices
• Repair electrical appliances and components
• Replace faulty components
• Prepare written estimates of repair costs
• Uses service manuals, various service packages, schematics, navigate vendor websites and associated test equipment to troubleshoot and repair software & hardware issues at customers’ homes in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Work with IHR Manager/IHR Team Lead/vendors/depots/stores to order and receive the necessary parts to complete the repairs, as well as obtain technical support when required.
• High attention to detail and accuracy is a must. Goal is to achieve a high first time completion rate.
• Interaction with customers and having interpersonal skills are part of the duty.
Education: Completion of high school
- At least 3 years of experience required
- Trade Certificate/Journeymans is recommended.
- Heavy Lifting may be required up to 75 lbs
- Driver’s licence is required for this role.
We are willing to apprentice and train those who want to explore a career as an Appliance Service Technician.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $54,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year